Department of Defense Opens to New SBIR/STTR Proposals
October 5th, 2016 by Rebecca Norman
Research-based small companies are encouraged to explore the Department of Defense’s latest Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Broad Agency Announcements. Proposals that respond to specific agency research topics are due Oct. 26 at 5 a.m.
Depending on agency component, DoD SBIR/STTR awards range from a base total of $100,00-$150,ooo for a 9-12 month project performance period. Agency components with a $100,000 base allow for a maximum Phase I option of $50,000 for 4-6 month project performance periods.
Within the SBIR BAA, there are eight participating DoD components:
- Department of the Army (35 topics)
- Department of the Navy (4 topics – Phase I; 2 topics – Direct to Phase II)
- Department of the Air Force ( 1 topic – Direct to Phase II)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (14 topics- Phase 1; 14 topics- Direct to Phase II)
- Defense Health Program (7 topics)
- Defense Logistics Agency (3 topics)
- Missile Defense Agency (4 topics)
- U.S. Special Operations Command (9 topics)
Note: The Navy and DARPA have Direct to Phase II options for SBIR/STTR proposals. The Air Force has only 1 topic specific to Direct to Phase II applicants. Separate instructions are provided for each agency component with direction for how to prepare a Direct to Phase II proposal application.
Within the STTR BAA, there are 3 participating agency components:
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (3 subtopics)
- Defense Health Program (7 subtopics)
- Missile Defense Agency (5 subtopics)
Arkansas small businesses interested in proposal development and review assistance are encouraged to contact Rebecca Norman at email@example.com or 501.683.7700.