Department of Energy Issues New SBIR/STTR Topic Release
November 16th, 2016 by Rebecca Todd
Innovative businesses and entrepreneurs interested in developing new, energy-related research products or services are encouraged to explore the Department of Energy’s latest SBIR/STTR topics. Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer Phase I awards range in size from $150,000-$225,000 depending on the topic.
This funding announcement will be issued Monday, Nov. 28 and close to proposals Tuesday, Feb. 7. Letters of intent are due by Monday, Dec. 19.
Participating DOE Research Programs in Release 2 of DOE Phase I SBIR/STTR topics include:
• Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (4 topics; 10 subtopics)
• Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (1 topic; 2 subtopics)
• Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (11 topics; 25 subtopics)
• Office of Fossil Energy (2 topics; 8 subtopics)
• Office of Fusion Energy Sciences (4 topics; 17 subtopics)
• Office of High Energy Physics (6 topics; 41 subtopics)
• Office of Nuclear Energy (3 topics; 18 subtopics)
Complete topic descriptions can be found in the release here.
Dawnbreaker, a long-standing federal commercialization contractor company, is hosting a free webinar on Friday, Nov. 18 from 3-4 p.m. CST to share how to write a responsive DOE SBIR/STTR proposal. Participants will learn about DOE’s roadmaps and other relevant documents referenced in the topic release. Register today here. Any questions about this free event may be addressed to Chris Kaufman at email@example.com.
On Dec. 2, the DOE will hold a webinar to discuss the funding opportunity announcement and application process. Stay tuned for details on the DOE’s SBIR/STTR website, funding opportunity announcements page. Awards responding to this opportunity are expected to be made by Monday, May 11 and projects are anticipated to start June 12.
Arkansas-based companies interested in assistance with developing their DOE SBIR/STTR proposals are encouraged to contact Rebecca Norman for assistance at 501.683.7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.