DOE Issues Release 2 of SBIR/STTR Topics
November 14th, 2017 by Rebecca Norman
Research-based companies interested in developing new technology that addresses national energy, environmental, and nuclear challenges are encouraged to explore the Dept. of Energy’s Release 2 of FY 2018 Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer Phase I topics here.
The DOE will release the full SBIR/STTR Phase I funding opportunity announcement associated with these research topics on Nov. 27. Applications will be due on Feb. 26 and letters of intent Jan. 8.
Participating DOE offices in Release 2 of FY SBIR/STTR topics include the following:
- Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation: 4 topics; 12 subtopics
- Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability: 1 topic; 3 subtopics
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy: 10 topics; 29 subtopics
- Environmental Management: 1 topic; 5 subtopics
- Fossil Energy: 3 topics; 11 subtopics
- Fusion Energy Sciences: 3 topics; 11 subtopics
- High Energy Physics: 7 topics; 56 subtopics
- Nuclear Energy: 3 topics; 15 subtopics
The agency is offering four webinars that focus on the topic areas. Webinar 1 on Nov. 28 will cover the NA, OE, EM and FE topics. Webinar 2 on Nov. 29 will cover EERE topics. Webinar 3 on Nov. 30 will cover FES and NE topics. Webinar 4 on Dec. 5 will cover HEP topics. Registration can be done here in the Release 2 Webinar(s) field box.