Global Entrepreneurship Week 2015
Now in its sixth year, Global Entrepreneurship Week is the world’s largest celebration of the innovators and job creators who launch startups that bring ideas to life, drive economic growth, and expand human welfare. Events will take place in more than 150 countries.
The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center invites UALR students and faculty to explore entrepreneurship’s possibilities and opportunities with us Nov. 16-20, 2015. Several on-campus events are planned.
Chancellor Joel Anderson, ASBTDC State Director Janet Roderick, and local entrepreneur, UALR grad, and ASBTDC client RJ Martino will be featured at the noon gathering in DSC Ledbetter A as we kick off the week’s activities.
LUNCH & LEARNS
Join us in RBC 251 at noon Tuesday through Friday as speakers from the ASBTDC will give a brief talk on a different topic each day. The first 25 participants get free lunch. Speakers and topics:
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 – Whitney Horton, “The Social Entrepreneur”
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 – Blake Norman, “My Student Startup Story”
- Thursday, Nov. 19 – Rebecca Norman, “Commercializing Your Research”
- Friday, Nov. 20 – Nancy Knighten, “Market Research Tips and Techniques”
ASBTDC POP UP STATIONS
Staff from the ASBTDC will be on hand at locations around campus. Drop by to learn more about ASBTDC’s free services for entrepreneurs or ask startup-related questions.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 – Fine Arts, 9-11 a.m. and EIT, 12-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 – Ross Hall, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and Science Labs, 1-3 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 – Dickinson Hall, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. and Reynolds Business Center, 4:30-5:45 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 20 – Reynolds Business Center, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
For information about GEW activities, contact ASBTDC’s Shannon Roberts at 501.683.7700 or email@example.com.