Printed Circuit Board Issues to Consider Pre-Design
September 7th, 2016 by Rebecca Todd
A recent article in Make shared seven issues that can lead to costly mistakes with printed circuit board design. A PCB is the foundation piece for connecting and holding electronic components together.
Issues to consider to avoid in PCB design include the following:
- High current traces not wide enough
- Errors in landing patterns
- Incorrect antenna layout on wireless designs
- Decoupling capacitors not used or improperly placed
- Layout of switching regulators not optimized
- Blind/buried vias used or non-manufacturable
- High-speed traces are too long
An independent design review will greatly improve chances of a first pass success.