Registration Opens for 2015 NIH SBIR/STTR Conference
July 1st, 2015 by Rebecca Norman
Life science-based small companies and entrepreneurs with commercializable technology concepts are encouraged to attend the 17th Annual NIH SBIR/STTR Conference Oct. 27-29 in Seattle.
This event provides focused information about the National Institutes of Health’s Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer programs. Representatives from the NIH, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Food and Drug Administration, Administration for Community Living, and the Office of the Inspector General will be in attendance. Entrepreneurs can network with representatives from each of these Department of Health and Human Services components in one-on-one meetings.
Attendees will learn more about:
- DHHS Fast-track, Direct Phase II, and contract solicitations
- NIH application review process through an interactive mock-study session led by the Center for Scientific Review
- How to write a competitive application, including a Phase II Commercialization Plan
- Strategies of successful SBIR/STTR funded companies that have leveraged NIH’s supplemental programs
- Best practices for pitching to investors and developing strategic partnerships.
Early bird registration for the conference is available until Aug. 20.
Conference Details and Registration