New! Small Business Legal Basics
April 17th, 2014 by Gwen Green
Small business owners seeking solutions for legal issues affecting their businesses can get tips from some of the region’s top law firms at a new event.
Wednesday, May 7, the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center and event sponsor, Kutak Rock LLP, will offer “Small Business Legal Basics” from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the UALR Donald W. Reynolds Business Center.
This new full-day seminar will cover a range of legal topics that small businesses face, including tax issues, partnerships, contracts, liability and human resources. Sessions include:
- Hot Topics in Tax for Small Businesses, led by Jennie Clark of Kutak Rock LLP
- Partnership and Operating Agreements, led by Thomas E. Tarpley of Tarpley Law Firm
- Clause for Concern, led by Andrew King of Kutak Rock LLP
- Business Liability Issues, led by Marie-Bernarde Miller of Williams and Anderson PLC
- Issues in Employment Law, led by Gregory J. Northen of Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon and Galchus, PC
Registration fee for the day is $50. Continental breakfast and lunch are included. Due to limited seating, pre-registration is required to guarantee a spot and accommodate any dietary restrictions. or by calling 501.683.7700.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested in advance. Contact Maradyth McKenzie, 2801 S. University Ave., Little Rock, AR 72204 or 501.683.7700.
The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center assists startups, existing businesses, expanding businesses and innovation-based businesses statewide.
The Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center program is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration through a partnership with the University of Arkansas at Little Rock College of Business and other institutions of higher education.