Small Business Social Media Checklist
SOCIAL MEDIA IN YOUR BUSINESS
- Determine what social media means to your small business.
- Make a commitment to your social media efforts…30 minutes a day, one hour a week, three times weekly?
- Be certain that you understand the necessity of your participation and transparency in social media to benefit your business.
- Look to see if there are others (employees or family) involved in your small business who have a knack for social media and are open to delegated tasks.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKET RESEARCH
- Determine your small business’s target market – Call the ASBTDC for assistance!
- What is your target market seeking?
- Locate the social media that your target market has shown interest in.
- Remember market research will be a continuous effort.
SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
- Start with the basics. Visit getlisted.org, and make sure you are on every available search engine!
- Choose one social networking site to begin your social media venture. Think about adding more as your comfort level and ease of management increases.
- Look at adding a bookmarking site as part of your daily routine. When you find articles that interest you they are added to the chosen site and become easy to sort and search through.
- Listen and Engage your online connection with information relevant to your industry.
TIPS AND TOOLS FOR MANAGEMENT AND MEASUREMENT
- Create a schedule or full marketing plan for your social media. Make sure to prioritize your social media duties to ensure you are getting the most return for your time.
- Research online tools that can help manage your social media. Sites and applications like Tweetdeck are a great start.
- Gain access to tools like Google Analytics for measuring your ROI.