USDA Seeks Small Business Research Proposals
July 1st, 2014 by Rebecca Todd
Innovative Arkansas-based businesses are encouraged to explore funding opportunities within the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s FY-2015 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) solicitation. The USDA seeks Phase I research proposals from small businesses to explore feasibility of project ideas that are aligned with their topics of interest. Awards are up to $100,000 for eight month project performance periods. All proposals are due by Oct. 2, 2014.
The USDA is soliciting proposals that respond to the following topic areas:
- 8.1 – Forests and Related Resources
- 8.2 – Plant Production and Protection – Biology
- 8.3 – Animal Production and Protection
- 8.4 – Air, Water and Soils
- 8.5 – Food Science and Nutrition
- 8.6 – Rural and Community Development
- 8.7 – Aquaculture
- 8.8 – Biofuels and Biobased Products
- 8.12 – Small and Mid-Size Farms
- 8.13 – Plant Production and Protection – Engineering
If you are an Arkansas-based small business owner or researcher interested in SBIR proposal development and market research services, please contact Rebecca Norman at 501.683.7700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.